I can’t believe that it’s already been over a year since we started this blog! Thank you to everyone who has been reading. I know that we’ve been a little inconsistent with posting, but it’s Summer, and we’re ready to start writing some more! Once again thank you so much to everyone. This has really been a great project to work on, and we love sharing it with all of you and being a part of the WordPress community.
This is probably one of the best lip balm i’ve used lately. It’s a really great, moisturizing lip balm that left my lips feeling soft as well as protected, especially since this winter weather dries them out so much. I got it as a stocking stuffer for Christmas in the vanilla flavor. Staying moisturized during the Winter is always something that I struggle with. The only issue I have is that once I twist it up, it has trouble twisting back down. This may just be an issue with this particular one though.
Overall i’m pretty pleased, and I thought this would be a good item to share with y’all.
It’s graduation, and you and your best friend of 4… 10… 12 years have chosen colleges hours and hours apart. You’ve spent years attached at the hip, and now you’re heading in separate directions on different adventures, and that can be terrifying. Well as two friends who have made a friendship last despite over 300 miles between us, let us tell you… IT CAN BE DONE! How do you make a friendship last through college? Well, we’ve compiled a list of 10 things that we think can help a friendship last from high school through college and even into the years after.
1. Be committed to maintaining the friendship
– Friendships are a lot of work, even more so when you and your friend are apart. Both of you will have to be committed to make it work. Not all friendships are able or meant to make the transition from high school to college, remember that.
– Tell each other how you are feeling about the changes in your relationship. Don’t be afraid to talk to your friend openly if you feel that the two of you are drifting.
3. Share the little details
– One of the great things about having a best friend is being able to share those funny, shocking, random, or interesting parts of your day. Don’t lose that when the two of you are apart.
4. Keep the pictures
– Keep pictures and memories nearby and remember that you can still be making those memories and taking those pictures even when you’re apart. We love sending random pictures during the day.
5. Make Skype, phone, or Facetime dates
– Have a set schedule of when the two of you will dedicate a certain amount of time to catching up. Set times and keep up with them! Sometimes we just get on Skype while we’re doing homework. You don’t have to spend the entire time just in conversation, if you wouldn’t do that if the two of you were together.
7. Don’t be afraid to talk about new friends
– Both of you is moving on with your lives as an adult. Just because there will inevitably be new people in the picture doesn’t mean that the bond that you two have is worth any less or means any less.
8. Plan Visits!
– Don’t forget that being together is pretty much the most amazing thing, that’s why you are best friends after all. Try to visit and value the time you have in person!
9. Accept that the relationship with evolve
– Change is a part of life. Both of you are going to change of the next four years, and that growth is good. Your friendship would evolve whether or not you both picked the same college, so don’t be discouraged when you sense some changes in the relationship.
10. Be there for each other
– Life in college is full of ups and downs. Sure there will be new people in your life, but sometimes your bestie from back home is the exact person you need to call and cry to when you fail your first test or gush to when the cute boy in your accounting class ask for your number. There are so many adventures, struggles, and triumphs ahead of you, and having someone who knows you better than you know yourself can be the key to 4 amazing years…. even if that person lives hundreds of miles away.
For those of you who subscribe to a lot of beauty boxes, or who have tried a couple out before: What is your favorite beauty box?
I’ve thought of trying one out, but I want one with really good value.
For those of you who don’t know from our about. We run this blog as best friends living in different states. This Buzzfeed post almost perfectly explains what it’s like to live so far from your bestie. check it out below!
Hey there! It’s been a while since i’ve done a Friday Favorite, but i’m excited to share this product with y’all.
Makeup removers are something that I sometimes forget about, but a lot of times that’s because I don’t like the way that they feel and smell. Alba Botanica’s Hawaiian 3-in-1 clean towelettes smell SO GOOD! It makes me think of the beach. The formula is really gentle.
They are a makeup remover, cleanser, toner, and hypo-allergenic. Each packet has 30 towelettes, and they sell for the $3-$5 range. I read the packaging and found out that there is no animal testing, artificial colors, parabens, phthalates, sodium lauryl/ sulfate, or sodium methyl sulfate. Yay! for those of us with sensitive skin!