If you haven’t read part 1 yet check it out here!
Like I said in my first post, my goal is to preserve the integrity of the dress, so I needed a top that would cover it.
I started out by cutting the plain white tee into a tank top. I taped out the area that I needed to paint.
After I had the base down, I tried the shirt on over the dress. Next it was time to embellish. I had a bunch of sequins that I used a glue gun to attach. I added shading and used puffy paint to add dot details.
This was probably the longest step. I added glitter glue and gems as well. Finally, I painted a scalloped edge in a darker color to add contrast. If you’re doing a project like this remember to have paper behind the fabric to catch extra paint since t-shirt material is pretty thin.
Here is the finished product:
The last picture is in the back where I wanted to add a little detail.
My next post will hopefully be the entire costume finished, so look forward to that!